Sensible Home Management Slumlords
This website explains how Sensible Home Management exploits unsuspecting renters.
Shana Molt – Slum Owner who lives in California and owns this “Investment property” in Tacoma Washington. After the molts purchased this property they turned the garage into a makeshift studio so they could cash in on low-income renters. They hired Sensible home to manage their cash siphoning schemes.
Issues With Property at 614 S 35th Street and Sensible Home Management
After we paid rent on time every month and dealt with a deluge of ongoing issues, the management company “offered” a 20% rent increase.
- Brown water – For the last few months brown water was coming out of the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Constant issues with crime, vehicle package thefts, neighbors selling drugs, fighting, and running a commercial scrap yard out of their backyard.
- The listing photos are fraudulent. The listing showed a bedroom that was part of a separate garage turned in-law studio.
- There were multiple issues with the property at move-in. It was pretty dirty and damaged. We left the home in a better state and were charged about $1,800 in fraudulent outlandish service cleaning fees.
- During our time there, we had to take off work to deal with constant repair issues, mice infestations, and home appraisals. Often fielding coordinating with their vendors.
- Garbage disposal – The last tenants stole the disposal and we were told it would be replaced. That didn’t happen. Then we were told one would be covered up to $600 if we had it installed. When the invoice was presented, we were never credited. The sink constantly backed up without one.
- Issues with erroneous utility charges were also frequent.
- Trash service comes to the bottom of 35th every other Tuesday. You can’t take it to the back alley because the tenant there has it blocked.
- Mice infestations – This along with silverfish, spiders, and ants are common.
- Dishwasher leaks – We reported the leaks and after minor repairs were made, it still leaks and exploded the counter. There’s black mold from this.
- EMF poor wiring – The wiring throughout the house has dangerous levels of EMF radiation. Less than 30 is normal, over 50 is dangerous. Several outlets read at 88 or higher.
- No Credit Reporting – We were told Sensible Home reports timely rent payments to credit agencies. Never saw this come to fruition.
- Mold levels – The home was tested for mold and found to be very high and at unhealthy levels throughout the property. We paid for tests. Sensible home dismissed this complaint.
- Some of the wall heaters downstairs don’t work and never have.